The One Where I Leave Jr High.

This is a post about the amazing people of my Jr high that I had the joy of growing in Christ with for these past 3 years, today I had to let go of them, and for one of them I may never see again, I'm not sure how good I will be at putting any of this into words, I'm not even sure what I want to put into words, I don't even know what this will be, but I reckon I'll be crying by the end of it, but these people; the students and the leaders, they really taught me something, they didn't just help me at Jr High, but they went out of their way to message me and talk to me when I wasn't there on a Tuesday, I learned a lot, from the teaches; to the games, I grew in the Lord and with relationships between my fellow peers, I want to point out in particular a few leaders (and a couple Students) that honestly have so much to do with how I grew more with Christ and what I learned from them,


Diana Morales: Where to I begin with her? She's a younger leader so shes more like a friend then anything but man...did I learn so much from her, who knew you could go through as much as she did with a smile on your face and joy in your heart? Or that you could face such trials with so much confidence? Because I didn't, but she did, she taught me that growing up doesn't mean you can't be a child sometimes, that you can stand through tough times with a smile because heck, you have GOD on your side! The creator of the whole universe! He's with you! You can't lose when he's got your back, so why worry?


Medardo(Meda)Lopez: How do I explain this? But he is one of the most caring leaders you will ever come across, and it really saddens me that it took my last year in Jr high to realize this, but man does he care, he's so real with you, and when you talk to him you feel like your having a conversation with your best friend, he can relate and listen so well! You can joke around with him but he can be serious when he needs to be, He taught me that sometimes in order to do the right thing you have to drop your pride, and sometimes admit your wrong even if you know darn well your not, that respecting higher authority can be hard but its something that needs to be done, even if their being unfair.


Christian Hedge: is such a interesting dude that I had such a pleasure of meeting, he's that guy at youth group that you simply CAN.NOT.BE.SAD.AROUND. its just impossible, he's the kid that always brings friends and smile to youth group, laughs and asks great questions that really make you think deeply about the subject, he is a great man of God that really shows his love for God through everything he does; I knew him before Jr High and he is still probably the nicest guy I know, one of the main things he taught me through out the years (Okay mostly in this past year) is that life doesn't always go as planned, and things happen; things that make you pray so hard that God would change his mind, and in that moment; when and if God says no, that's when you have to be strongest, that its tough when things happen that you so badly didn't want to happen, things that you have no control over, but its moments like that; that really help you grow closer to God, and moments like that when being able to run God and cry to him is the best.


Kimmy Parise: Is my bestest friend; so I learn something from her everyday, but to see her grow in Christ helped me also, I learned that humor is one of the best medicine, but the bible and prayer are the best, just because things don't go as planned doesn't mean they can't end up good, that sometimes being overly sarcastic isn't necessary, and that sometimes in order to grow you need to let go, that growing with God means putting away things you really enjoy; that means putting him first in everything, and in the end its worth it.


Trinity Taylor: Trinity Taylor...She taught me a lot, she helped me stay strong because I could learn from what she was going through, I don't know how she manages with everything, because life is hard, but man she does it, life can be a jerk; but with amazing friends like her, that are always willing to pray for you when you need it, and with a God as big and strong as ours, that we can run to with anything, life can be a little easier.


Betsy Lopez: Taught me that change can be for the good, and that God really does have things in-store for you, that God can and will use you to help others, he can you use to change the world.


Patti Hedge: Is probably one of the greatest people you will ever meet, I thank God everyday for bringing her into my life, she has to be one of the strongest people I know, sadly she didn't get to be a leader for too long at Jr High but I get the pleasure of seeing her every Sunday at church, she really is such a amazing women for God; she's someone everyone can learn something from, and she has gone through so much and defeated so many things and she has yet to stop; she's inspired me and really helped me into the person I am today, I hope to God that I get to be even a dash amount of the women for Christ she is, she taught me that hard work in the end is worth it, and to hold onto God no matter what happens, because he will never let go.


I want to thank everyone else at Jr High; they honestly made this the best three years of my life, we got through so much together; for the kids moving up with me, I hope to have many more memories with you; man I'm going to miss you all like crazy, you changed me, saved me, and now I have to leave you. Here's a nice song to remember these past years from. Man have they been amazing. Now if you'll excuse me, I have been holding back tears all day, I think its about time to go cry, bye. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdCIHCR5co0

                                 Stay Strong, keep it up. I love you

                                                                       ~Dayle

Comments

Popular Posts